Im bored, so i have a blog. Youre bored, so you read and comment on my blog. LETS BE FRIENDS!!

Monday, July 18, 2005

My Experiences In South Africa and the Way Here

it was the unearthly hour of four in the morning when i was aroused from my slumbers by my mother saying "Are you ready?" yes my friends it was July the thirteenth, the day we were departing for south africa for the first time in three years. i rubbed the sleep from my eyes and fell out of bed, ready (almost) to go. we left the house (simeon drove us) and arrived at the airport, ready to leave. luckily, we had no real problems and the flight to Atlana began. it took us about one hour to get there. after that, we were in the rush of the airport of atlanta. after waiting for what seemed like forever at the gate to our plane, it was announced that our flight was now boarding. after another long stretch of time the flight took off. just another seventeen hours and we would be there. i was enjoying myself quite a bit, i had the seat by the aisle in our row, so i could get up quite easily to go wherever. but across from me were these rather wierd looking people. they were a man (who looked like he had never seen a razor in his life) and a woman (who had masses of messy and curly hair). i tried to look out of their window a few times, and when i did the guy winked at me! a couple times too, gross! anyway, i dismissed the winks and carried on with my movies etc. but when we landed on a tiny island for fuel, and i was arguing with my sister (nothing new) the wierdo asked me if she was my daughter... ??? i said NO! "shes my sister" a look of intense astonishment crossed his features as he asked me how old i really was. rather self-consciously i told him i was fourteen. he was amazed, saying he thought i was in my twenties, being in his twenties himself... so now i figured out why he winked at me... he thought i was his age, and i am glad im not!
anyhow, we got to our destination and went to my oupa's house... where nothing had changed from when i had last been there. it felt like i had walked out of a dream or something... wierd. but then, the next day we departed to cape town we are currently.
my uncle and aunt were at the airport to fetch us, it was so cool to see them again! i love it here in cape town, im having an awesome time... totally cool. my cousins that i havent met before have taken to us very well, and we are already talking like old friends... i love them. it shows that blood is thicker than water, eh?
well, today we went shopping and in this touristy little market place i got these braids of a different colour put in my hair. three to be exact. when they were done, i went out and paid the lady the price of twenty five rand (south african currency) each to her. the prices here seem so huge, i know, but theyre not. like the braids were about the same as three dollars each. not bad eh? but after i came out, this totally random guy who was hanging around his booth told me that they were very cute. i was rather embarassed, so i smiled ( i smile when embarassed) and thanked him... his buddy i think made this whistling noise, i must have been red. well, when we left that building he hollered after me "bye!" and i turned and waved. when i looked around a little later, he was watching me walk away... i feel so wierd. whats your opinion on this? i dunno what to think.
anyhow, im having the best time ever with my family, theyre very cool.. and fun. hope to see you all soon.... but im having too much fun to really think about missing GR.... ill see you lata!
and thats my update... from my uncles computer, cape town, south africa

27 comments:

Erika said...

U don't MISS me scarlett??? lol, I guess I can 4give u;-) Glad 2 hear ur having fun!! With all those guyz checkin' u out u must b pretty busy!! Think u can find 1 for me?? preferably 1 thats very cute and taller than me and isn't completely broke...I'll b w8n 4 updates;-)

born2fly said...

Wow! sounds like your having a fun time. But if a guy ever told me 2 my face that he thought i was cute i may have to start wondering about his gender preference.

Eva Lemmon..? said...

Ha ha ha, Man, you are a guy magnet!
I feel your pain; thats what its like on the city bus.
Enjoy every minute, Scarlett! (The weather over here is miserable)
Rupert says "Arff!!!"

born2fly said...

The weather isnt that bad...just humid. My hair is immpossible...scarlett if u see ne interesting tourquiose or beachy or africany looking jewerly that is CHEAP, pick sum up and i'll pay u back ASAP! (if u get around to it...if not o well i'll live) thanks

scarlatti said...

well guys, i do miss you some, but im having so much fun! where is john, pray? i comment on his blog... sniff sniff... i think im gonna stop blogging, i get so few comments... sorry
anyhow, yah, those dudes were kinda freaking me out... what do you do when someone like grins this grin at you and asks how old you are? i would puke, but i didnt...
ill see if i can find you any thing abbs... tell rupert hi evie and ill try to find you someone erika, how about gordon... teehee... no im kidding, dont tell hime i sed that, he'll kill me
well, lata guys, and tell john to comment... :D

John W. Sikma said...

okay, well, to be honest, I haven't had time to read this, and haven't had time to e-mail, but I promise I will when life gets back to normal. We just got back, and therefore no time to talk. Just wanted to let ya know our flight went well, and that I"m glad yours went well. Hope you have some good times in SA

born2fly said...

thanks scarly :) ur lucky u missed church last sunday nite...it was like 900 degrees everyone was sweaty. and then we had 2 shake the elders or whoevers hands and they were so clammy. gross

Erika said...

Scarlett, please try your hardest to find some1, preferably not gordon. Gordon doesn't talk enough, which is simply unacceptable!! He is, however, a very nice young man:-)

Abbs, why do u shake hands with the elders??

scarlatti said...

sorry john for the sharp words (kind of) but they did have the desired effect, eh?
oh, abbs, thats so gross... i hate shaking hands with sweaty people. we went to a random church last sunday... the people sang alot. im still checking for gifts for everyone...
ill try to find someone for you erika...
oh, btw, yesterday, i got a facial... and the lady tinted my eyelashes... it looks like im wearing makeup, but im not... wierd huh?
today is emotional, we are leaving capetown to go to jo burg, my poor cousin was weeping and was very sad... i almost cried myself
well, i gotta go, have fun!
have fun in MI camping without us john...!

John W. Sikma said...

well, weird people have crushes on me, and old people have crushes on you, that's just how life goes...

Eva Lemmon..? said...

snicker snicker

Eva Lemmon..? said...

People on probation had crushes on me...

Erika said...

That would be a good time Evie!! how exactly do you go about attracting those kind of people??

NPE said...

Scarlet

I think that you should post some pics of Capetown.

I hope that it goes well with your parents as well, I bet they miss it so.

born2fly said...

I have no idea why we shake hands...something about fellowship or something...neways scarlette it was even hotter last sunday. they even postponed those sermon disscussion things. and i didnt have 2 shake hands. i've always wanted a facial what is it like?? when are u commin home?!?!

scarlatti said...

er, hi guys... sorry there was no update from me for a while, but i havent had access to a computer for a while... we were with my grandmother for the past week, and ive only been on the internet now...
my next update could probably be a post, but i dont feel like posting, so ill just comment...
i had an awesome time in cape town, and i was really sad to leave... ah well
then we went to my grandmother... she was shocked at how we've grown... which is to be expected... any how, we saw our cousin jonathan again... gosh, i missed him soooo much in the states...he is still really funny and when i figger pictures out i will post some.
now we are at some friends house... and guess what! they live near the house we used to live in, so we went by it on the way to get our chinese food we ate for supper... (ok?) but gordon and morgy werent there (this is random)... any how, it looks different, at least the wall does.. :D
i feel sick so im gonna go now

Anonymous said...

Hey Scarlett!!! Sounds like yur having a blast! We will havta have a sleepover w/ everyone when u get back so then u can tell us everything! Including all the hot guys us saw!! :D Well cya l8r!! MISS U! bye!!
JESS ;)

Anonymous said...

Hey scarlett sorry i said all the hot guys US saw:D Type o:D i meant all the hot guys U saw! BYE!
JESS

Anonymous said...

Hey scarlett sorry i said all the hot guys US saw:D Type o:D i meant all the hot guys U saw! BYE!
JESS

Anonymous said...

Hey scarlett sorry i said all the hot guys US saw:D Type o:D i meant all the hot guys U saw! BYE!
JESS

Erika said...

Wow Jess, we heardja the first time;-)

Eva Lemmon..? said...

Hey, you guys need to give the old HNRC a news letter or something. Unless, of course, you've been kidnapped and are being held hostage by illiterate muslems who can't find the right adaptor for their vidio camera.

Anonymous said...

sounds like ur havin fun. we went campin for a week at gun lake. it was awesome. but other than that life is boring around here. i'm wishin for snow so i can go snowboarin. have fun in africa

Bryan

Anonymous said...

hey Scarlett!
when r u guys comin back? no one nos- we wanna meet u at the airport. BTW-who is Simon(u no, the dude that's housesitting 4 u)?
been bored w/o u- sniff,sniff
-Court

Anonymous said...

Am I the only one who thinks you look 14?

Erika said...

Nope, but she looks lovely:-) at least she's not going bald...;-)

Anonymous said...

hurry up and post that pic of jess and cass!lindsay