Im bored, so i have a blog. Youre bored, so you read and comment on my blog. LETS BE FRIENDS!!

Saturday, January 28, 2006

RARA!!! IM BACK!

ah, my beloved fans. sorry ive taken so long. allow me to enlighten you on life as i know it.
day 1: we got off the plane, brains dead, looking gross, feeling worse. we then travelled to our LITTLE rental place, where i took a shower and then went to sleep. that was after i was done crying my eyes out, wishing life was different. sniffle.
day 2: we started with school, and have been going every day since then. i saw the guys in my class and almost fainted with horror. no english guys, and many were, hairy. ew. yeah, and its an A.C.E school, which means i work on my own at my level, and i have to work really hard. boring. psh.
im gonna quit the day thing now. any how, school is getting better, i have to "friends". its wierd, i want new friends, but then i dont. life is really hard when youre a teen without friends, you know? so im trying. dont want to forget you guys though.
ok, so the cruddy little house we're renting. its falling down around us pracitcally. and it comes with this huge, slobbery, gross dog that we call simon (his name is simson, but thats afrikaans). as soon as i warm up to this beast, he slobbers all over me, which is really gross. its like "awwww.... arrrrhg!!!" ANY HOW... so like three days after we arrived, i was gonna take my morning shower before school, k? and i was just adjusting the shower head thing, when it came off the pipe it was on. i was like "oh crap, im breaking this lady's house!" ( but i put it back on, and then the shower worked fine.) so then that night, gordon takes a shower. and he came out of the bathroom wondering if we have any duct tape, coz the shower pipe was busted, and water was coming out of the sides, not the nozzle. needless to say, the bathroom was flooded. he never told me, however, the shower pipe thingy was broken. so guess what? i take a shower the next morning. and it was horrible. i had to manouver the shower nozzle thingy so that the water coming out of the sides would wet me, since none of the water was coming out of the (broken) nozzle. arg! i was like "what am i doing to this house???" then the owner of the house came over that sunday for lunch (sort of invited herself) and told us we werent supposed to use the shower. o thanks. after we're done breaking it and wondering what on earth we did wrong you finally tell us.
thats just the shower. the toilet has problems too. it like doesnt flush properly. (jess) im like yelling "FLUSH YOU STUPID TOILET!! DAAAAAAAARN IT ALL!" (never mind why i said jess, she should understand). i hate it.
ok, so then theres no dishwasher. so we three kids gather around the sink to wash dishes every night. its horrible. coz when i did it, there were no rubber gloves, to i had to sort through all the floaties in the water to find like, the last tiny teaspoon. and gordon would laugh at me.
then theres the stereo. the one piece of relatively new technology in the house. oh, oops, it doesnt funtction properly. WHAT IS WIIIIITH THIS? saith i. so when we do try to listen to music, its like a ten minute operation of pushing buttons, crying bitter tears and begging the stereo to work until it finally does. man.
of course, then theres the issue of me and morgy sharing a room. i wont go into the horrors of this, because morgy would never forgive me. needless to say, its horrible sometimes. other times, not so bad. like we got in a fight because i put my two chapsticks on "her table". then she went and put her bible on mine. (in case you havent noticed, morgy and i fight alot). then shemakes me feel like and ogre (and i am one) when i grump at her. but boy, when shes grumpy, i want to go sleep with simon, even if he does drool and stink. (btw, he slobbered on gordon the other day, right after he took a drink. gordon was peeved).
then, on monday, the gate opener of the gate to our house broke. so heres us, the entire miskin family, sitting by the gate for half an hour trying to get the gate open. then my dad went outside the gate (it opened enough for us to get through, not the car tho) to see what he could do, and it opened even less, so he was stuck OUTSIDE the gate (in his sweatpants and slippers). simon was drooling all over us. and we just sat there until we finally firgured out how to open it manually. chaotic, i tell you. i felt like a freak.
then yesterday, after my dad took us to school, he tried to unlock the door of the house, but the key broke in the lock. mom wasnt home, so he was locked out. the only other keys were inside the kitchen, right by the microwave (a long way from the window). so then my dad (MY DAD, OK!) had to go find a long pole so he could create with it and a piece of wire, a hook to get the keys. i dont want to know how long it took him to finally get them, but he did. and i think he was mad. really mad. if i was in that position, i would have started foaming at the mouth or something.
and the internet guys was supposed to come on thursday. but he didnt. so dad phones him and asked if he was going to come, but he was busy. so he told us he would come friday. yipee, i thought, internet finally! stupid me. friday rolls around, and he didnt show (again) "why didnt you come"said dad. "eeeh, i forgot" he replied, mystified at why dad would be mad. totally baffled.
then the cars we are borrowing. we have this old VW... nevermind what kind. its huge and its like 20 years old. and it sounds like a freakin semi going down the road. and the church where my dad does the english service... full of nice cars. and here we roar up in this HUGE piece. the entire family fits in the first two rows (there are three huge rows of seats). gordon morgy and i sit really comfortably in the front row alone, with a good amount of elbow room. its massive, gross and loud. then theres the tiny litte truck we're borrowing from my oupa. two seats in front, and it has one of those little cab things with a roof, so thats where morgy and i sit. in little lawn chairs. and they go flying across the width of the back when my mom turns sharply. i feel soooo dumb in that car. and we bought a second hand toyota condor, thats really nice. and it was supposed to arrive this week. but it didnt. i almost cried.

well, i made my life seem horrible i know. but its interesting. we put an offer in for a house, and i hope we get it. its a nice house. im having a pretty good time. but what means alot to me is that you guys remember me and think of me ( i hope). ive got this post lined up that i'll put up soon of stupid things ive said. so if you know any, email them to me, and i'll put them up. i hope this amused you, and reminded you to keep us in your prayers, and to think of me often.
miss you guys!

39 comments:

Anonymous said...

hey hey hey!!! I'm the fiirst one!:D:D Sounds like a pretty good time in that house!!lol SOrry bout the shower and i think i should def. fly over to help u w/ toliet conciling!! lol:D Do u guys have school on sat.?? Just wondering:D Oh sounds like a purty nifty car to!! Does it like backfire every 10 sec??:D Hopefully u won't havta learn to drive in that...when u will be able to drive:D Well i'll ttyl miss ya tons!!

love,
jess

Anonymous said...

That had to be like the funniest post you've ever written, even if it was about the terrors of your new house and car...i luv the part about the shower. i can see you doing that (JK) oh-i so wish i could see you flying around in the back of that truck in a little plastic lawn chair... sorry about mocking you, but it sounds hilarious.
how do rupert and simon get along?
court

Darselo said...

Wow... back to posting with a vengeance, if I spelled that right. Man I'm sorry about all the setbacks, although they almost sound like fun. Almost. Don't worry about making new friends, I'm sure everybody over here understands that while internet friends are nice, you need someone in person. Just keep us updated, eh? As the saying goes... Make new friends, but keep the old. One is silver and the other gold. And say hi to Morgan for me.

Anonymous said...

JUMBA! do people in Africa say that caz i think thats African.Me and court are gunna come visit caz you totally need court as simon's pee tree.. he hasnt tried court out yet so its a must.Thats a rly funnyly awsome house. just give the house a hug caz hugs can fix anything. Hey i am still working on my matching making company. Were still partners and were currently hooking nate and court up. A total must! well i better go ill email you later! hope everything gets better! cya love, lindsay

Erika said...

Hi fruit!! omg, that literally had me laughing out loud. My maja keeps asking me what my problem is!! I LOVE how you write. Much sorrow about your house and esp the part about your gate and key. I can just SEE your faja, who i'm slightly afraid of (dr rev mr miskin, lol), trying to do all that. And then that CAR...I know how particular Gordon is about cars...the very idea makes me laugh long and hard. I hope stuff continues to get better...at least ur making friends n stuff at skool. Just cuz you have new ones doens't mean u'll abandon us, right? So its totally ok!! You are in my thoughts a LOT dudes...and you MAJORLY owe me an email. This comment is like, an email in itself!! Neway, love ya lots fruit!!

John W. Sikma said...

yoyo Scarly! Haven't been here for awhile, but now i got the inside info, so that's cool. Sounds a little crazy for you, i hope it gets better. You owe me an email. TTYL!

scarlatti said...

aaaw, guys, you make me feel so special when you comment. john too... im glad you liked this post, gordon laughed out loud (loudly) so i figured it was pretty funny. so yah, we got the house, and i am happy about that!!!!! miss you all, and will see you relatively soon.

Anonymous said...

lol, reminds me of the good times we had in our rental house when we first came here........rentals suck.

Anonymous said...

i'm happy to report that lindsay's matchmaking is not going as planned :)

court

Anonymous said...

Hi it's me again! Am i getting annoying? Well don't answer that :D hehe no court i agree it's not working...sooo i guess we'll havta move on to trent lol

jess

hows leO!!? hehe!! oh and i report taht we got 13 seconds today in teh race game in math!! purty awsome huh?! miss ya!!

scarlatti said...

jess, thats impossible. you guys roooooooock!!!!! hows fred? dead? oh im funny, i rhymed. any how, i got this funny post lined up, will be posted soon.

Eva Lemmon..? said...

Maybe you could put a key and rag on simion's collar, thus avoiding the slobber and locked out situations...

We miss you! We will send an ambassador, bearing much duct tape!

Anonymous said...

That was freaking hilarious!!! I actually laughed! WOw! Good to see you back, sounds like things really suck. Gotta go, but I'll leave you a monstrous email, someday(hate not having internet)
Love you
Chrissyb

Anonymous said...

Hi ya girlfriend!!!! What!! Of course freds not dead!!! He lives in the hearts of both of us..sniff sniff...lol ok i'm wierd!!! no actually he's on a plane rite now to see u!!! So be ready to meet him!! And DON'T let leo eat him or else...well he will be dead!!:D Ttyl!!

Luv ya!!!!

Jess

Anonymous said...

thanx jess, appreciate your thoughtfulness. i would never have found my true luv if u guys weren't there to help me (sniffle sniffle) JK

court

Charles Jurries said...

What a great post, Scarletta. Stay safe over there! I hope you guys are taking some pictures...

Anonymous said...

Dude, ghetto shades echuckler. I want some.

Charles Jurries said...

LOL, I got those at Wal-Mart for ten, fifteen bucks, I think.

scarlatti said...

guuuuuys, dont kill me. my other post is coming soon. it was done by gordon and me, so its frikking funny. even my mom sniggled. courtny, whos your troo love? i want in on this! jess, did our last pete post get alotta comments? and i like your shades, echuckler. HOTTT STUFF DOOD! pray for my oupa, hes really sick right now. and unconverted.so im scared. please pray. any way, howl at me if i owe you an email. miss you, love you and all that jazz.

Anonymous said...

Hi ya!!! Sup!? I dunno if our last post got alot of comments?? I can't remember ne more. We prob. got a few but sry i forgotted!:D Well neways i'll cya l8r!

jess

ps. courts truuuuue love is Trent!! DUUUUH!!!;) Sry court i just couldn't resist:D hehe

Anonymous said...

!thats okay, trents not really that bad :) , acually i think im beggining to like him. (cough, cough :im barfing while writing this) scared u there didn't i? no i dont really like trent, not that much at least, nates a little better

bye, court

Anonymous said...

P.S trent needs a shower, other than that, hes okay :) (i think im getting sick)

court

Erika said...

HOOOOOOOOOOOOWL!! you DEF. owe me an email fruit!! I can't WAIT to see the post, and I've very surprised gordon helped. Wasn't he the one who denounced blogging and all things pertaining to it?? I'll def. hafta give him some crap next time I talk to him!! And I'll be remembering your oupa, too. Thinking of u lots...

Anonymous said...

HEY who wrote those comments under my name? i was getting a little scared there, i thought i had short term memory loss and forgot i wrote them.
scarlett, you owe us another post. btw-currently i'm being hooked up w/ Jeff.

court

Anonymous said...

huh? what are u talking about, IM the real court, i dont know what your talking about, and no, im not currently hooked up w/ jeff, its chris, har har

court

Anonymous said...

I'm NOT the real court, IM the real fake not-an-anti-Court! and court is dating jethro, the southern hick with a heart so big, you could sware he's from the north, lol!

Anonymous said...

No I'm Not!!! I'm dating Kennaniah!
-Court

Erika said...

Wow, I'm SO confused!!

Anonymous said...

so am I, ill bet its chris pretending he's me.

the REAL court

Anonymous said...

court rhymes with snort.

The really real court.

Erika said...

Whoever the heck the real courtney is maybe should leave secret joke or something for Scarlett so at least SHE'LL have a bloody clue at least. Then maybe she can give US a clue. Scarlett my girl, has a lion eaten you???

Anonymous said...

Hey scarlet it has been awhile since i have talk to you our last good memory was giving you a hug and Gordon beating me up. but oh well it sounds like South Africa is alright

Charles Jurries said...

I played Courtney once. But only once.

Eva Lemmon..? said...

Hi! It really cold outside.

Anonymous said...

WHAT IS HAPPENING????????? what's w/ all these ppl trying to be me????? i know no one's gonna believe me, but this rlly is the real court (whcich rhymes w/ snort) thanx for your honesty at least, eChuckler. now could whoever did the rest fess up? ummm, to think of a joke scarlett, there's plenty. how about- sniggle, wiffle ball, snorkel, convinced yet?
omw i just read one of "my" comments, the one about me being hooked up w/ chris. whoever that was seriously needs to get the facts straight. forget about scarlett?

court

Anonymous said...

WHAT IS HAPPENING????????? what's w/ all these ppl trying to be me????? i know no one's gonna believe me, but this rlly is the real court (whcich rhymes w/ snort) thanx for your honesty at least, eChuckler. now could whoever did the rest fess up? ummm, to think of a joke scarlett, there's plenty. how about- sniggle, wiffle ball, snorkel, convinced yet?
omw i just read one of "my" comments, the one about me being hooked up w/ chris. whoever that was seriously needs to get the facts straight. forget about scarlett?

court

Anonymous said...

sorry guys! really didn't mean to click that twice. please forgive me.
court

Anonymous said...

I forgive you

the really really really REAL

THE ONE AND ONLY COURTNEY

Anonymous said...

No I don't, And I still dating Kennaniah!