Im bored, so i have a blog. Youre bored, so you read and comment on my blog. LETS BE FRIENDS!!

Tuesday, August 23, 2005

"...and thus they qouth..."

here are some great (random) quotes ive gathered from all my acquaintances, and a few other sources.

i quote:

" you're never old enough to learn." a guest at our house misquoted this one.

" Your diary?ive never read your diary." my sister.

" you have two brothers, did you know that?" gordon, in second grade to a classmate, when he discovered his classmate had two brothers.

" good thing im faster than most horses." petey

" theres ground beneath the dirt!!!" courtney's profoundness.

" O, i am excessively diverted!" Elizabeht Bennet in Pride and Prejudice

" winter's round the corner!" my mom's cheerful words of wisdom.

" your voice is an annoying noise!" mrs. lamain, in 7th grade to trent knibbe.

" knock and the door shall be opened unto you, except when im sleeping" the sign on my sister's door.

" its our own family blonde joke!" my uncle mike about me, when i said something particularly stupid.

" youve waited MONTHS even YEARS for this day!!" a birthday card from my sister to my brother on his fifteenth birthday.

" im going to call him Shmo." gordon, when we recieved our dog.

" Oh, shuttup, you are so annoying!" King Julian of the lemurs in madagascar

" G'mornin!" Mr. Devries when cassie poked her head in his tent on our muskegon trip.

" Oh, oops!" john, when he ran the wrong way in our football game.

" Together! you must work together to find my murderer!" pete, as kent oliver in "the deadly bananaman"

" would you like some coffee with you milk?" my dad when gordon puts too much milk in his coffee.

" its horrible!" my cousin hannah about my haircut.

" how many days walk was your military compound from the equator?" pete asked gordon with admiration in his voice and shining eyes when we first arrived.

" youre retarded" almost everyone i meet to me, which is true.

" you look like a lion." me when morgy asked me what her hair looked like when it was really poofy.

" yay, yay!" gordon, as he jumped on a trampoline in South Africa.

" bwoo-ha-ha!" morgy, during a particularly serious moment over breakfast.

" mushroom pile!" my mom about the pile of clothing on my chair.

" firework, firework, happy fourth of july!" jess, in a very clever moment.

" fnarr, fnarr!!" gordon's evil laugh

" there's people prowling about!" courtney, as she glanced over her shoulder into the dark. this was on our muskegon trip.

and the last one:

" he who laughs last thinks the slowest." an ancient zimbabwean proverb.

end quote.

20 comments:

Erika said...

I love 'em all scarlett!! did Pete REALLY say that to gordon when u guys first came??

scarlatti said...

yep yep its great isnt it?

Erika said...

I am SOOOOOO gonna tease pete about this!!

Anonymous said...

LOL!!! yeah cass loved when that happened!!!lol good thing u didnt put up my chairlift one up! that was rly bad!to bad you lost our big bad wolf story otherwise u could publish it here!lol well cya monday! luv the quotes! what about MOVE ALL THE WAY UP!lol lindsay

Anonymous said...

hey!!! love all the quotes!! specially the last one! so cool! Oh and thanx for puttin one of mine up to i feel so privaleged sniff sniff jk:D bye!!!
jess

John W. Sikma said...

you make me look like a fool! no intellegent qoutes from me (sniff) or could it be there are no intellegent qoutes from me?

Eva Lemmon..? said...

Most likely because you never make intelligent statements.... but I say nothing... heh heh heh

scarlatti said...

oh, john, dont feel bad, i just couldnt think of anything memorable that you have said lately. sorry... hehe
keep this up guys, i need comments..

Eva Lemmon..? said...

Take this, Scarlettly!

I went down to the river to find me a fish, and I jumped off the high banks of the Ganges

The river was high, as smooth as a dish my mother had.
Alas for my mother, she'll see me no more, I went to fish in the Ganges.

Before I could stop it, it washed me away,
beyond the the hills, beyond the rills, beyond the light of the morning.

Remember my tale, stay away from the river!
stay off the high banks of the Ganges.

Anonymous said...

hiya! how was your day of skool?mine sucked and i hate school already....so u training for the mile yet?lol u gotta run at least 45 minutes every nite!lol im not in your P.E. Class so we cant run it backwards!well im going caz im too mentally tired!lol! cya!luv the quotes!lindsay

Anonymous said...

Hey!! Yeah school sucks already. Can't wait for Christmas vacation lol:DWell i dunno what else to say :D sorry kinda boring tonight! bye!!!!!
jESs

Erika said...

Was it a tidal wave Evie? and John, its ok...there have been lots of intelligent quotes from you...*struggles to think of one...gives up* well, I'm SURE there are!!

scarlatti said...

*gasp* erika, you have given up on john's intellegence already? how could you... im still trying to think of one, which is hard, coz i havent talked to john in forever... moohaha
guys, i am so lucky to have you as commenters, i really am, you keep my head above the waters of depression... hehehe
righto, evie, what is your quote describing exactly?
toots!

Erika said...

*giggles and winks at scarlett*

Anonymous said...

some rly profound quotes there......i like the "knock and it shall be opened unto you....unless i'm sleeping" one....i might use that.

bryan

scarlatti said...

i dare you to bryan... but i wont pay you

Anonymous said...

pay?? who said anything about paying me? course if you really want to go right ahead.

o and by the way i probly won't use it cuz i'm to lazy to put anything on my door right now.

bryan

scarlatti said...

i, scarlett miskin, the administrator of this blog, hereby prohibit the commenters to use the phrase "lol" and if you do, please use it in context. thank you for complying with this simple request

Anonymous said...

LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL ....u don't want us to do that rt? :)

Jess

Anonymous said...

hay- u misquoted me there! I actually said "there's dirt beneath the grass" (it's a little more profound)
also- u slammed me with that last quote...
LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL
why exactly did u prohibit this?
courtney the profound (JKJKJK)