Im bored, so i have a blog. Youre bored, so you read and comment on my blog. LETS BE FRIENDS!!

Thursday, June 30, 2005

Cause for Trangression?

There has always been one line in the Psalter which i have not liked. Its a line that comes up all the time about wicked people, and here it is: "who without a cause trangressing." now, you might not think much about this line, but it annoys me like crazy. Why? Because it implies that there can be a cause to transgress, do you get my point? If not, I'll illustrate with a short story:

There was this guy called Pedro. Pedro was a good guy (except on Fridays when he got drunk). Well, one day Pedro opened his wallet to get out his credit card to buy some more Bud Lites, when, to his horror, he discovered it was maxed out. In other words, Pedro was broke. Money-less and in the dumps. So Pedro went home to do some serious thinking. His job as a did not pay much, and he really needed some cash to keep himself going. So, Pedro worked out an ingenious scheme to go and steal some cash from his sister's rich neighbour who was away on vacation. He put on all his black gear, including leather gloves and a ski mask. Then off he went to go and do the deed. Well, when he got there, and inside the house, he discovered the random rich neighbour had an alarm system that he failed to find out about. When the police came by to pick him up, Pedro tried to run. But of course, he was caught by the long arm of the law. In the police station Pedro broke down into heart-rending sobs and claimed he had good reason to commit the crime he had commited. This is what he said. " Don't get me wrong, officer, I'm not the kind of guy who goes stealing on the weekends for fun. I had a really good reason to try and rob this guy. You see, im cold, stony broke. I have no money, and I need some for my cousin's party this weekend, coz i gotta buy the drinks. Please, you have to understand, I had a very good reason for this TRANSGRESSION." The police officers exchanged looks and then told Pedro, that no matter how his reason, it was unecessary for him to break the law. (one officer told him to get a higher paying job). And so, Pedro was locked away for his crime, all causes for his crime aside.

So, i hope you get my point now. I doubt there is such a thing for a person to sin or commit a crime for a good reason. There really is no cause for a person to sin, dont you agree?

(oh, by the way, this will be my last post for a while probably, because we're going away for a week next week and after that we're off to South Africa for a month... so, i hope you'll comment without me ( grin) and that I'll have some good stuff to write about when I come back.)

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

huh....never rly bugged me.

bryan

scarlatti said...

how upliftin, how insightful... blah blah bryan, say something new

John W. Sikma said...

i'm sorry. I read it once, and then i thought i got it. i read it again, and felt more confused.

born2fly said...

I see what you mean scarlett...but plz dont use the name pedro...it reminds me of napolean dynamite. seeing as i luv the movie and especially pedro...i couldnt really get into that story because i prefer to think of Pedro as nice...but wutever i belive i'm also becoming confused...have fun in south africa and COME BACK

Eva Lemmon..? said...

Hey, maybe it is not talking about social transgression, but transgression in intrapersonal relationships. Like someone walking up to you and calling you a marmot. You did not do anything to be called a marmot, but still this evil person calls you a marmot. Then on top of that, he goes and keys your car for good measure! For no reason!! What a jerk....

scarlatti said...

yeah, dumb post huh, but i dont have any thing else to write about for now... i thot napoleon dynamite was funny abby, wasnt it? i never saw it tho, so i wouldnt know... tata for a while!